That Red House Organic Soapberries
or make 4 interest-free payments of $3.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
As well as wanting to minimise our impact on the environment, we are often motivated by selfish reasons when selecting natural products for our bodies and homes. On this occasion, we were motivated by our back pocket trying to save money on the amount we spend on detergents as well as reducing the need for chemicals across the board. As a Mum of two boys, one of which is a messy toddler and the other a 'happy spitter' baby who brings up part of his milk EVERY SINGLE FEED, I know a thing or two about washing. I came across these soapberries and have been using them as a gentle detergent for all of our children's clothes and our own medium soiled washing. We do use a liquid natural detergent for my husbands trade clothes which are covered in diesel and grease (I haven't yet tried the soapberries on this heavily soiled washing so will update when I do). I LOVE them. Easy to use, so cost effective and all without chemicals! You just put 5 berries in the cotton bag and throw it in the wash. And you can reuse the berries several times before they expire so it is so budget friendly. And if you want it to smell nice just add a few drops of your favourite essential oils like lavender which is lovely. Definitely worth a try and particularly suitable for cloth nappies which need a really soft detergent.
What are Soapberries and how do they work?
Soapberries are most commonly used as a natural laundry detergent and household cleaner.
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree and are full of a naturally occurring soap called Saponin.
Our Certified Organic Soapberries are simply picked, de-seeded, dried and packed - No additional processes or chemicals are required.
Saponin is a natural anti-bacterial & anti-fungal surfactant, perfect for use in the laundry or around the home.
Saponin releases from the Soapberries when they hit water
To use in the laundry, simply add 5-6 whole shells to the cotton wash bag that comes provided and put in the washing machine with your load of washing – That’s it. Top & Front loader compatible
Soapberries are perfect for:
- The organically conscious consumer – Those looking to eliminate nasty chemicals from their home
- The thrifty consumer – Those looking to reduce household expenses – Soapberries are generally ½ the cost of regular detergents
- Those with sensitive skin – Head of Dermatology at a leading Adelaide Hospital recommends people with sensitive skin use Soapberries in their laundry as a first call to action for those experiencing skin irritations. Many skin irritations can be traced back to the residue left on clothes from ‘standard’ laundry detergents.
- The environmentally conscious – These Soapberries are waste free and sustainably and ethically sourced. They are also grey water and septic safe.
- The socially minded – That Red House support the local farming communities by way of fair wages and their charity ‘Grow Nepal’
That Red House Soapberries are the highest quality product on the market. The higher the altitude of the growing region, the higher the quality and Saponin content of the fruit. They source their product from the highest altitude on earth -The Himalayas.