Banana and Broccoli soft serve
Yes I know, sounds a little revolting right? Well its absolutely not-kids will love it. And I have made it for myself for dessert too to be honest! If you haven't tried it already, ice cream or soft serve made from frozen bananas is beautiful and creamy and delicious. All you need is a high speed processor to break it down well. You can add whatever flavour you want such as strawberries, cocoa or even coffee for yourself! We love adding some 100% peanut butter to taste. But why not load up the nutrition a little more if you can get away with it? Add a few raw broccoli florets! You can see tiny little specks of green. If your children can pick out green bits from a mile away and if that will put them off, you could be creative and call them green fairy crumbs or something. Whatever works hey.
How is it loaded? Well the broccoli certainly gives it a lift with a whole range of nutrients, dietary fibre and minerals that could lower your cancer risk, improve bone health and skin damage.
- 2 x frozen bananas (put them in the freezer for a few hours to firm up. If they have been in the freezer for a long period of time, take them out 10 minutes or so before using)
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 2 Tbl 100% nut peanut butter (or homemade)
- 1 Tbl maple syrup or a few drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high quality blender or processor and process until smooth and creamy. I use a magimix. It can take a few minutes to get the right consistency so check a few times and scrape down the sides at the same time. It will depend how frozen your fruit is as to how long it takes to create the perfect soft serve texture. Best made when you want to eat it but can be frozen prior-just remove from freezer half an hour or so prior to eating.